Sunday, October 9, 2011

Update

The past few months have been wonderful, and I feel bad not updating my blog to tell you all about it! We have celebrated birthdays, Oktoberfest, engagements, been to a concert, taken up a new sport, went home for labor day, and part of the family came to visit! What a great few months!

Here we go...consider this your crash course of the Chamber's past two months:


We went to Russel for a part of our Labor day weekend. We spend Saturday working cows at the ranch. Sunday, we went to church with the family and then had lunch with Grandma & Grandpa Fisher. It was great to see everyone!

 Rounding up the cows
 The ranch is so beautiful.

Some of the cows had problems with their eyes, so we gave them patches.

 Isaac worked hard moving the cows through the chute. He also gave shots.  I gender checked the calfs and also also acted as "scribe" keeping track of all of their numbers and making sure they got the right tags in their ears.
 Uncle Warren getting ready to de-horn.


 Uncle Craig's face is a little dirtier than his head!
Me & my Daddy - My favorite picture of the day. Mom & Angie showed up at the end of the day with beer & even a mason jar full of rum & coke for me. How nice of them!

We went back to Lindsborg on Sunday afternoon to spend some time with the Chambers family. We got to see Connor's new dorm room, cook out at the pond, and spend some nice time with mom & dad. 
 Beson & Isaac taking in all of the beauty of the pond.

 
Moving on to one of my favorite things...Cooking! This month I have made quite a few new dishes, but my favorite have been homemade cinnamon rolls/ham & cheese pockets & pot roast.

 Benson trying to be sneaky and lick my measuring cup full of sugar.
 Devouring his ham & cheese pocket
 Cinnamon Rolls
 One Sunday afternoon, I made my first post-marriage pot roast. It was delish! I started out by browning some onions in my dutch oven - just enough to get them a little brown.
 The roast
 Then I did the same with the carrots.
 and set them aside while I prepared the meat.

 I seared the meat on both sides, just so was nice & brown on the outside.

 The darn olive oil splattered up into my eye
 Bennie knew I was hurt, so he helped out with his kisses :)
 I had to call in a replacement


 The roast before putting it in the oven.
My poor piggy tongs broke! I guess they weren't sturdy enough to flip a roast! Looks like they were murdered with all of the blood in the background! Isaac had to pull out the big-guns...and the grilling tongs. 
The finished product! It was so tender, the bone just slid right out! Yum!

 Stirring up some gravy

I also whipped up some oatmeal cookies with peanut butter M&M's that night. My favorite candy!

Now..let's move onto Birthdays!

 We celebrated Isaac's 24th birthday on Sept. 17th. Susie & Jeff sent us our own dala horse!
 We went out to Johnny's BBQ. It was featured on Diners Drive-In's & Dives.
 My family & Nic came down for the weekend and we all went to BRGR for lunch. It is a pretty well-known burger place right across the street from our apartment.


 My "Jucy-Lucy" burger. Yummmy!


 Mom & Alaina helping me out in the kitchen.
 Preparing Isaac's birthday cake. I made him a homemade yellow cake with chilled fluffy chocolate frosting.
The ingredients for the frosting. It is a labor of love & a bit touchy, but my husband is totally worth it!
That night, we celebrated Oktoberfest/Isaac's birthday at Clint & Isaac's house.
 We had a blast, and ate a ton of German food. Isaac grilled brats, and I made fried sauerkraut. Haley made bierocks & Hannah made sauerkraut dip with rye bread & creamed potatoes & peas. Of course, there was a TON of Oktoberfest beer - I think 12 gallons in total.
 Dad, Nic & Isaac made a special trip to the liquor store to get "camo" beer - neat.
 Isaac Meier  - The boys made special costumes for the night & bought the German hats!
 No, those suspenders are not real, they are drawn on with sharpies!
 Happy birthday, handsome!
 Isaac C. also found some Polka/German music on records to play on Isaac M's record player. It really set the mood, and we even tried to Polka! Isaac busted out the Swedish Dancing toward the end of the night.
 Future Doctors of America?!?!
What a great group of guys - so glad to have them in our lives!

Moving on to more recent happenings:

 After seven years in the making, our friends Haley & Levi got engaged! We are so happy for them. That night we all went out to Johnny's Tavern to celebrate. This weekend, we are hosting an engagement party for them.
 Last week, I babysat for my two favorite kids - Luke & Grace. They are so sweet, and I love spending time with them!
 Luke wanted to take some pictures, and told Gracie & me to pretend that we were in a parade & he was the dad taking pictures on the side. How cute!
 Captain America!!
 What a cutie-pie!



The other day..Isaac looked up and our wall and found this guy....after some research, Isaac concluded that is was a brown recluse. We had our apartment sprayed the next day, and I can finally sleep soundly!

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, Isaac and I have taken up a new sport, frisbee golf, or frolf, as we like to call it. 

 We take Benson out with us, and let him run free. We do keep an extra-long leash on him, just in case he tries to escape.

 Out practicing in the big field next to our apartment. We created our own course.

Now...to this weekend's happenings. We celebrated our friend Hannah's birthday on Friday and went out to the Waldo area to celebrate. 

 Hannah & Cody

Last night, Isaac and I went out on a date to the Little Big Town concert at the Midland and then went to Power and Light for a few drinks and dancing. 

 We had amazing tickets - we were about 10 feet away from the singers.

 At Pizza Bar at P&L . Enjoying our dinner and our drinks.
 Love you, sweetie - thanks for the fun date night!

Ok, now you should be all caught up....I will try to blog more from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment