Isaac and I shared a wonderful first Valentine's Day. It was definitely my best in 22 years!
I came home from work to a nice chocolate display on our dining room table, a bag of PB M&M's, flowers (Thanks SV Nursery!), and a lovely card. The flowers are still beautiful a week later, but the PB M&M's didn't last but two days..they are definitely my favorite candy!
Benson...what a camera hog!
On VD night, Isaac and I went to Po's Dumpling Shop on 39th street up by KU Med. I mentioned to Isaac on the way to dinner that I would have never in 1,000 years guessed that I would want to have a VD dinner on 39th street. It's really not that scary, especially when compared to other areas of the city, but it's a little out of my comfort zone. When I moved here I didn't want to get out of Johnson County, and especially didn't want to hang out in the "scary" areas of the city :) . I'm proud to say that I have expanded my borders to include other parts of the more 'urban' metro!
Po's is a great little "hole in the wall" restaurant. At dinner we shared eggrolls, dumplings & veggie buns for appetizers. I love trying new food, and the veggie buns were definitely different! For dinner I had pan fried noodles with beef and veggies and Isaac had Pho Noodles. It was so good, I didn't want to stop eating!
When we got home, Isaac cracked open a delicious bottle of wine he had chilling in the fridge and we relaxed while eating the PB M&M's and watching Tosh.o and the Westminster Dog Show. What a perfect evening.
Mr. Bennie LOVED watching the dog show. He got really excited when the Doberman ran across the screen. He even went up to the TV and started whining and barking! Isaac and I really got a kick out of that.
The weekend before Valentine's Day, Isaac and I went home for a little family time. We shared a nice lunch with Jeff & Susie at the Main Street Deli on Saturday and then on Saturday night dad cooked pulled pork, requested by yours truly. Definitely worth coming home for!
That night, mom and dad went to the opera house in McPherson, so Isaac and I took the kiddos bowling.
Mom and I went shopping that afternoon so she could get something snazzy to wear on their date. Looking good hot mamma!!
We had a lot of fun bowling. Connor didn't have such a good game..I think he bowled close to 15 "0's" in one game....not so hot!
Doing the 'Kip' from Napoleon Dynamite. One of my favorite movies.
That night Alaina and I also played dress up in my old formals. We had such a fun time and she informed me that she will be wearing some of them in high school. I'm sure mom and dad would appreciate that, Alaina!








No comments:
Post a Comment