This past week, I have been on quite a few couponing trips. I blame it on the mass amount of alone time I have since Isaac is now in his surgery rotation (more about that later) and also because I live so dang close to Dillon's. Also, it's just too handy to zip on over to Dillon's over my lunch break!
I absolutley REFUSE to buy things just because they are super cheap/free. I only buy items I know we will actually use/eat. I've heard of people that will buy 100 bottles of mustard just because its free, which is just plain obnoxious, if you ask me.
I think couponing helps me get my shopping fix, without spending a lot of money. My shopping budget has drastically decreased in the past two years, so this is now my retail therapy. Woohoo!
This was my loot from today's trip. I try to meal plan before couponing, so I don't just pick up a bunch of junk I won't use. All of the broths will be used for soups this fall, I have so many on Pinterest I can't wait to try. I got all of this for $5.50. The shaving creams were .49 each, the Pineapple $1, the beans .49 each and the broths .33 each.
This shopping trip was from last week. All of this was around $6. I got the Dove body wash for .99 each, Organic tomatoes for .19 each, evaporated milk for .20 each, mashmallows for .20 ea, and the pasta for .30 each. Looks like spaghetti is going to be on next week's menu!
As I mentioned above, Isaac is now in his surgery rotation. We are two weeks down, six to go. It honestly hasn't been too hard for me, but I feel so bad for Isaac. He gets up at 3am Monday - Saturday and works until about 6pm. Yesterday evening, he got home at 6, took a shower, ate some tortilla soup and went to bed. Poor guy is so exhaused. He told me that he is definitely not going into surgery. Lucky me!
I went to Russell by myself last weekend, since Isaac was on 24 hour call Saturday-Sunday and spent some much-needed time with my family. My weekend consisted of nature walkin' with tour guide Noah, coon/beaver trappin', 4-wheeler ridin', KSU cheerin', and eatin' my fair share of cream, butter, and dumplins'. Perfect weekend if you ask me, with the exception of missing my sweetheart.
Below are a few random pictures of what we have been up to so far this Fall.
I think couponing helps me get my shopping fix, without spending a lot of money. My shopping budget has drastically decreased in the past two years, so this is now my retail therapy. Woohoo!
This was my loot from today's trip. I try to meal plan before couponing, so I don't just pick up a bunch of junk I won't use. All of the broths will be used for soups this fall, I have so many on Pinterest I can't wait to try. I got all of this for $5.50. The shaving creams were .49 each, the Pineapple $1, the beans .49 each and the broths .33 each.
This shopping trip was from last week. All of this was around $6. I got the Dove body wash for .99 each, Organic tomatoes for .19 each, evaporated milk for .20 each, mashmallows for .20 ea, and the pasta for .30 each. Looks like spaghetti is going to be on next week's menu!
As I mentioned above, Isaac is now in his surgery rotation. We are two weeks down, six to go. It honestly hasn't been too hard for me, but I feel so bad for Isaac. He gets up at 3am Monday - Saturday and works until about 6pm. Yesterday evening, he got home at 6, took a shower, ate some tortilla soup and went to bed. Poor guy is so exhaused. He told me that he is definitely not going into surgery. Lucky me!
I went to Russell by myself last weekend, since Isaac was on 24 hour call Saturday-Sunday and spent some much-needed time with my family. My weekend consisted of nature walkin' with tour guide Noah, coon/beaver trappin', 4-wheeler ridin', KSU cheerin', and eatin' my fair share of cream, butter, and dumplins'. Perfect weekend if you ask me, with the exception of missing my sweetheart.
Below are a few random pictures of what we have been up to so far this Fall.
Isaac's sister took a few pictures of our family for Christmas cards.
Our house is finally for sale, since my parents have moved to Russell. I was the realtor for a short-lived time, but was recently replaced by a "real" realtor :)
Spending time with our nephews at Great Plains Nature Center.
KU Med Halloween Party - We got prepared while jamming out to 80's pop on Pandora.
Perfection.
Seriously...could his waist get any smaller?






No comments:
Post a Comment