We spent Thanksgiving this year with the Chambers family. We had lunch with our immediate family and then had dinner in McPherson with our extended family. It was so nice to see family that we hadn't seen in over a year. I married into such a loving family, and I am very thankful for that.
After lunch, the men (& Caitlin) went hunting, so the ladies and my nephews stayed at home and played outside. Those two sure can hit well!
I worked from Nic's house in Lindsborg on Friday. It was a very quite day in the pricing world, so Isaac and I headed to Russell around 5:30 to spend the weekend with my family.
Below is a picture of one of the traps that Noah uses to catch raccoons. Apparently 'coons love sweets, so we bait the trap with "coon candy" (yes, that's what the jar says!) and marshmallows. You have to go with the multi flavored marshmallows though, it's the thoughtful thing to do since it will most likely be the 'coons last meal.
Saturday evening we traveled to Hays and shared a delicious meal and drinks at Gellas before heading to the theatre to watch "Lincoln."
On our way home from Russell, we made a pit-stop at the Chamber's nursery and got our Christmas tree. We couldn't wait to decorate it!
This is Isaac's last week of surgery. He has his finals on Friday, and then has a much-deserved break until January 2nd. Our plans include Christmas celebrations with both families, and a trip to Chicago.
Cheers!








No comments:
Post a Comment