Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bucket List

It's hard to believe we will be moving in less than a month. Time sure flies when you are having fun!

To make the most of our last weeks here, Isaac and I put together a bucket list of things we want to do, and restaurants we want to try while still in KC.

Two weekends ago, Isaac took off the ENTIRE weekend from studying, and we really had a lot of fun together. On Saturday morning, we woke up and went to Brunch at Eggtc. There was a long wait, so we stood outside. It was raining a bit, so we stood under my umberella. After a few minutes, it started pouring..just torrential rain for about 20 minutes. By the time we got our table, we were soaked from head to foot! Definitely something we won't forget from our Bucket List Weekend!


For brunch, Isaac had a mixed plate of potatoes, biscuits & gravy, sausage and eggs. I had the breakfast pizza. 




Our plan after brunch was to go to the zoo, but the forecast showed rain for most of the day, so we opted for Union Station & Crown Center.




 There was free admission to Science City that day, so we took full advantage of that! 




That evening on our way home, we stopped on 39th street for dinner at KC Smoke House. Isaac had a burger and I had this monstrosity of a hot dog...the "crunch dog" as stated on the menu.  It's a hot dog with cheese sticks, bacon, tortilla chip strips and cheese sauce.


While we were eating, I checked the weather, and noticed that Johnson County (Including Prairie Village, where Benson was left all alone... oh nooo! ) was in a tornado warning. Isaac and I went right down the street to KU Med and watched the weather in the student center. After everything had passed, we went for dessert at Miami Ice. This place was absolutley amazing. I have never heard of a "Miami Ice" - snow cone with custard on the bottom, but it is my new favorite dessert. Yum!

Here are a few other things we have checked off our Bucket List
* KC Royals Game - We got to enjoy the game against the NY Yankees with a few of my co-workers in the Ferrellgas suite. 
* One last "Hurrah" with our Friends before board studying begins -  Cinco de Mayo Party! (pics below) I made mexican turkey sliders with an avocado cilantro sauce & beans. We also had taquitos, Mexican pizza, rice & beans, flan, and much more!





 We also cut off Isaac M's hair. He had been growing it out for Locks of Love for a year or more. I think we should have stopped cutting after we reached the mullet, it's such a good look on him!









This past week Isaac has been busy studying, so we are going to spend a little time together today at lunch. We are going to Rudy's in Westport - another restaurant to check off our bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment