Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Welcome to Wichita

We made it to Wichita! I honestly can't believe I was hesitant about moving here. I do like the new city, but my favorite thing is watching Isaac excel in a way I'm not sure he would be able to in K.C, since it's such a larger city.  He seems so excited, and I couldn't be happier for him.



KU-Medical, Wichita, seems like a big family. During school orientation last week, KU hosted many events for the students and their families. Everyone is so friendly and seems genuinely excited that we are here. 

 (Photos courtesy of KU)


Last Wednesday, KU Med hosted a welcome dinner for the students and families. Each student was introduced to the audience, told a little about thier background and an interesting personal fact, which KU got from a survey the previously given to the students. On top of that, each student was given a personal gift  based on their interests. Isaac got dog treats and a frisbee, since his interest was "playing frisbee with my dog, Benson."





 Huge Rabbit!



I started working from home last week. I am really enjoying it, and but do miss interacting with everyone at the office.  Everything has been working smoothly, except for a major computer-mishap last Thursday. I am so bad with computers in general, and since Isaac was at the hospital, I think I was on the verge of a slight meltdown. Thank goodness I work with some wonderful people who graciously helped me out. 

Below is a picture of my new office:


Isaac and I have been enjoying the last few weekends at the lake with our family and friends. Two weekends ago, we went to Wilson Lake and took out my parent's new boat. We had a lot of fun tubing, knee-boarding, wake-boarding, and spending quality time together. 








Last weekend, we went to Lake Arrowhead with our friends. Clint's dad has a home on the lake, and they were very gracious hosts. We spent Saturday zooming around on Clint's jet ski, skiing, tubing, and knee boarding. Benson also had a great time!









No comments:

Post a Comment