Friday, August 3, 2012

Warning: Venting Ahead

This summer seems to be flying by! A lot has happened the last month, and we have a lot coming up in the future. Here are some of the highlights of the past month:

- Isaac is finishing up his Internal Medicine rotation, and then will be moving on to Family Medicine
- Our friends Haley and Levi are getting married in a few weeks
- My family is moving back to Russell
- I went back to KC to work for a few days
- We joined the YMCA and have set fitness and health goals for ourselves

I guess that list isn't too long, but it feel like it's been an extremely busy summer. I just feel like I can't catch up with anything and when I feel like I'm about to, another assignment, house chore, activity etc, gets thrown into the equation. Isaac's also at the hospital most of the week, so it's been hard to find time for each other.  On top of that, I haven't quite warmed up to our new city, and my trip back to KC really made me want to move back. I really miss the hustle and bustle of the bigger city, and having everything at my fingertips. Hopefully we will be back in two years, or find a city that where we both feel at home. 

 Sorry for my venting, but it's my blog, and  I can vent if I want to :) Isaac always seems to keep me grounded though and reminds me that "we are too blessed to be stressed." Love him.

No way I can be stressed with this little guy around!

So, enough of my ranting...We also have very many positive things going on! Our friends are getting married in a few weeks and I have the pleasure of being a bridesmaid. Last weekend, the bridesmaids hosted a shower and bachelorette party for Haley. We had a really good time. That's the happy couple, below. How cute are they?!



My family is also making the move back to their hometown, Russell. They enjoyed their time in Lindsborg, but as Dorothy says, there's no place like home. I'm really excited for them, especially my parents. They have so many friends in Russell, and I'm sure they will have a blast together the next 50+ years. For now, they are going to live at our farm house with the chickens, turkeys, ducks,  multiple cats, three dogs and pet llama. It should be a blast :)


 Mom and Dad with their BFF's - Frank & Linda Schulte



Feeding the fish at the lake

Isaac and I also joined the YMCA, and have set goals for ourselves. It's nice to spend some time exercising together a few times a week. We have also started eating healthier, but I've realized it's going to take a miracle for me to kick my love for salt & vinegar chips. I'll give it a try though!

Below are some random pics of what we've been up to this summer. Enjoy!

 Caitlin and Nic came to the lake with us!
 I really enjoy this picture of mom on the knee board. She does it with grace!
 Relaxing while driving through the cove
 Alaina being our bartender. She made us a wonderful drink full of cucumber, mint, oranges, Pimms, and sprite. What a nice night cap.
 Well, hello there fine sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment