Christmas started early for us this year. Last weekend, we celebrated the holiday with the Chambers family. We had a really nice time together and enjoyed some wonderful food. Our nephews were awfully excited, and wore Aunt Jaycee out by the end of the night! Oh, to be a kid at Christmas..
Nic & Caitlin - First Christmas Ornament
Last night, Isaac and I celebrated our own Christmas. As I was finishing up work, Isaac prepared a delicious meal. I came out of my office to find a beautifully set table, wonderful food, and Christmas music to set the mood.
After dinner, we opened gifts from each other. Bennie was first:
A "gift basket" of squeaky toys!
My first gift from Isaac was a bag full of my favorite junk food. He knows me too well. All of the gummies are making the trip to Chicago so we can share them, but no way I'm sharing my salt & vinegar chips!!
I got Isaac a pair of sunglasses.
Love my new set of coffee cups!
My last gift from Isaac was a pair of tickets to Cirque du Soleil. I'm looking forward to the show, which will be in early January. After opening gifts, we drove around a few neighborhoods and looked at Christmas lights. What a perfect Christmas with my sweetie.
If all goes as planned, we're heading out this evening to begin the Christmas celebrations. Merry Christmas, everyone.


No comments:
Post a Comment