Monday, January 28, 2013

Girl's Weekend

Isaac finished his neurology module on Friday, so this past weekend we took full advantage of no studying, as well as the beautiful 60 degree weather!

Friday night was date night. We went to P.F. Changs and had a variety of appetizers for dinner: lettuce wraps, spicy shrimp, spring rolls, and my personal favorite, wonton soup. I love ordering this way, it's a nice variety. 

After dinner, we went to Cabela's just to walk around and shop a bit, and Isaac ended up buying me a Ruger LCR .38 Special. I'll blog more about it later, but let's just say this girl is packin' now! Right now I don't have my conceal and carry license, but I'm thinking about getting it. 

Saturday morning, we went to the dog park with Benson. 







Saturday evening, we went to Haley & Levi's for dinner. Levi smoked ham and pork loin and we had a great evening conversing and watching 1990's re-runs of SuperMarket Sweep. 


On Sunday, Mom and Alaina came down for a Girl's Weekend. Uncle Isaac watched Christian and Casen for most of the afternoon. 



On the agenda for Girl's Weekend was finding Alaina an 8th grade graduation dress. It was a fairly simple process, much more simple than I remember when I was shopping for formals! We hit one store, and only tried on about 6 dresses! 



I really liked this dress on her, but the rose color was a little drab. It was also a little too short for her overly protective sister!


 Meh...not so much. Marshmallow!


 And the winner is......

I love this dress on her. I think it is age appropriate with the shoulder strap, but also fun with the gold sparkles. 

Add a few accessories, pull back the hair, and BAM!




After dress shopping, we hit up The Limited, and I am pretty sure the new collection in store should be named "The Jaycee Collection." I loved everything in that store and mom spoiled me way too much. Everything looks so 50's style - cigarrete pants, feminine tops, ahhh.... that was the most fun I have had shopping. 


Mom & Alaina spent the night at our apartment after a delicious dinner at Ciao. They both deep cleaned our house while I was working Monday morning, and mom even did my ironing, which is my LEAST favorite chore. Thanks, girls!!




Come visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment