Valentine's Day came a week early in the Chamber's household!
Big Brother Benson!
I was very hesitant to get excited because in December, right before Christmas, we had a positive pregnancy test, and ended up having a chemical pregnancy. That experience was difficult for me, especially since Isaac and I had gotten so excited about the potential of a baby. We were also so very excited to tell our families at Christmas & during our Chicago vacation, and I think that's what made losing the pregnancy so hard.
I have decided to use my blog as a way to document this special time in our lives. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with my blog every week, and give you all an update how our little sweet pea is growing (and mommy too!).
How Far Along : 4 weeks
How Big is Baby C: The size of a poppyseed
Tummy Diameter at Bellybutton & Weight: 28'' & 118lbs
Nicknames: Baby Reuben & Sweet Pea
Food Cravings: Nothing yet, just the norms, aka: reubens, salt & vinegar chips & gummy bears.
Pregnancy Symptoms: A bit tired & breast tenderness. I have had heart burn the past 2 days, but I'm thinking it's a little early for that to be pregnancy related.
Lifestyle Changes: I quit drinking alcohol a few months ago, and we are trying to eat better and exercise more (to get my heart ready for baby, as Isaac likes to say). I have also switched to de-caf coffee.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Posting this blog entry in a few weeks! Sharing the news with our families & friends. Being able to rock my bump in the summer! :)
Sleep: Getting a lot of it! I'm used to sleeping on my stomach, so that will have to change!
Milestones: Just basking in the excitement & trying to think of creative ways to tell our parents & friends. Scheduling my first prenatal appointment for a few weeks from now.
Thoughts from Mom: To quote Ron Burgandy, "I am in a glass case of emotion!!" I have been looking forward to this moment for years, but I am honestly terrified. I'm not necessarily scared to have a baby, but of the pregnancy. I think once we get out of the first trimester, I will be a lot more calm. The past few days I have woken up in a sweaty panic, imagining that I have menstrual cramps, or thinking horrible thoughts about losing the baby. I need to just relax, but it's hard for this pessimist.
Thoughts From Dad: Is this really happening?!?! We had our hopes so high once before, so of course we were a bit more cautious with the positive tests this time. Several days have gone by and we are gaining confidence everyday that we are really pregnant! I've had my reservations about having a baby in the past, but I think both of us are finally ready to be parents. I'm just trying to get Mom through her emotional spells and trying to be supportive. Can't wait for this journey to begin.
Tummy Shot:

(In Steve Urkel Voice)
Did I Do That???
We can't begin to express how excited we are for this next step in life. Children truly are gifts from God and we can't thank Him enough for giving us the opportunity to be parents.
Let the journey begin!





No comments:
Post a Comment