Friday, March 29, 2013

Week 5

The beginning of week 5 seemed to set off the pregnancy alarm in my body. I am tired ALL the time, and most recently started feeling nauseous. I'm not getting morning sickness, but at about 3:30 in the afternoon, I start getting really lightheaded, tired, and feel sick to my stomach. It seems to last until I go to bed, at about 8pm. 

We were at Wal-Mart yesterday grocery shopping and the feeling hit me right as we were checking out. I broke out in cold sweats, got really dizzy, and felt quite ill. Good thing we were on our way out, or we could have needed a "clean-up on aisle 3!"

Below are some of the highlights from week 5:


How Far Along : 5 weeks

How Big is Baby C: The size of a sesame seed. He or she now has 3 layers, and looks like a tiny tadpole and the heart starts beating this week!

Tummy Diameter at Bellybutton & Weight: 28'' & 118lbs

Nicknames: Baby C, Baby Reuben,  Sweet Pea

Food Cravings: Smoothies, cheese & carbs. I absolutley can not STAND meat. Makes me ill just thinking about it. I feel hungry most of the day, but nothing sounds good. Isaac is being a sweetheart and making me anything I can stomach.

Pregnancy Symptoms: I feel like I've been hit by a tidal wave of fatigue. I just can't keep my eyes open! I'm taking a nap over my lunch hour just to make it through the afternoon. My boobies are also still really sore, and I've just recently started feeling a little "morning" sickness, although its more in the evening. I also feel a little bloated. 

Lifestyle Changes: Trying to eat healthier. My breakfast is a big fruit smoothie (banana, berries, yogurt, juice, flax seed and oats) and a whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and flax seed. Breakfast is my absolute favorite time of the day and I swear it get's me out of bed some mornings. Lunch is usually a soup & salad, or a baked potato with cottage cheese, and dinner usually consists of whatever I am craving or can handle.  I feel like I need to start eating more, especially since I'm feeling a bit lightheaded. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Telling my family the news this weekend!! Still working out the details of the surprise...

Sleep: Getting way too much sleep. Trying to add to my sleep bank before the baby keeps me up! 

Milestones: Although it wasn't pleasant, starting to feel pregnant. Scheduling our first prenatal appointment for March 14. Also, crying during a Cheerios comercial. My hormones are in overdrive.

Thoughts from Mom: We made it to month 2! I've been reading my "Mayo Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy" that Isaac gave me the moment we found out we were expecting. I've learned a lot about pregnancy, and from what I've read, months two and three are not the most pleasant. Isaac takes SUCH good care of me, so I know we'll be able to make it through the ups and downs. I'm excited to go to our first appointment with Dr. Christman and maybe we'll be able to see Baby C's heartbeat! I started a "Baby Journal" this week. I'm writing notes to baby just to let him/her know how much we are in love with her already. I hope to write weekly notes during the pregnancy, and throughout her childhood & adolecence. I plan on giving her the journal when she graduates from highschool or gets married.



No comments:

Post a Comment