We told my family right when we arrived to the farm. Everyone was ecstatic. Mom started pulling out baby clothes that she had already purchased, and Noah starting thinking about cool "uncle" names the baby should call him. He decided that Uncle Night-Hawk would be appropriate. I don't think mom slept much that night!
It turns out that Aunt Alaina was very excited to share the news with her friends, so some of our family friends now know the news too! It's a little earlier than I wanted everyone to know, but it's just our closest family friends. On the positive side, that just means more prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!
We broke the news to (Great) Grandma and Grandpa Fisher on Saturday night (Ginny & Papa) I wasn't feeling very well so I spent most of the evening on the couch. Grandma was preparing a ham dinner (and I have been avoiding ham, and all meats, at all cost) so that could have been what was making me feel ill. I finally joined everyone in the middle of dinner, and ate a bit of potatoes and bread. Dad made a few references like "I think there are more BUNS in the oven..." and finally, Noah blurted out "I'm going to break the ice here...Jaycee's pregnant!" We can always count on Noah to lighten the mood!
How Far Along : 6 weeks
How Big is Baby C: The size of a pea. Her eyes and nostrils are beginning to form, and she had buds where her arms and legs will soon emerge.
Tummy Diameter at Bellybutton & Weight: 28'' & 120lbs
Nicknames: Baby C, Baby Reuben, Sweet Pea
Food Cravings: Mostly still an aversion from meat. I'm still eating a lot of dairy and carbs. Isaac can now make a mean grilled cheese sandwich!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Fatigue, nausea, and breast soreness. Also, crazy dreams and a bit of restlessness at night. Although I haven't been feeling the best, we went out for the first time in a few weeks on Thursday, to the movie Identity Thief. It was a nice break from being cooped up. I hope Baby C likes popcorn, because she got a lot!
Lifestyle Changes: Since I haven't been feeling well, exercise hasn't been a top priority. This is starting to wear on me a bit, I hope I start feeling better soon so Isaac and I can resume our nightly walks.
What I'm Looking Forward To: The first Dr. appointment on March 14.
Sleep: Like I mentioned above, my sleeping schedule is a little off. I have CRAZY vidid dreams, and wake up a few times during the night, usually around 2am and 5am.
Milestones: Telling our families.
Thoughts from Mom: Isaac has been so great to me this week and so far this pregnancy. He has always taken such good care of me, but I never imagined he would be THIS good! Just take a look at this snack he presented me yesterday afternoon:
No comments:
Post a Comment