Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 7

This week has been pretty calm. I have been feeling better, but still am pretty fatigued. I've been busy at work this week with contract roll and an audit, so this week has flown by, which I'm thankful for.

Next week is our first appointment, and I can't wait to see and hear our little nugget's heartbeat!



How Far Along : 7 weeks

How Big is Baby C: The size of a blueberry. This week her eyelids, hands and feet are starting to form.  

Tummy Diameter at Bellybutton & Weight: 29'' & 120lbs. According to my Mayo Clinic book, I am supposed to gain 1-5lbs in my first trimester, and I'm well on my way to doing so!

Nicknames: Pudge Nugget (Since Mom's already getting a little pudgy around the middle!)

Food Cravings: The thought of donuts makes me drool. Isaac brought me home a Lamar's glazed on Saturday for breakfast. Just what the preggers ordered!

Pregnancy Symptoms: I can definitely tell my uterus has doubled in size! Sleeping is no longer the same. I get up two times a night to use the restroom. On top of that, I have a hard time sleeping, and have had CRAZY dreams. Last night I had a dream that a man in a squirrel suit was climbing the trees outside our apartment and peeking into our windows. I also had a dream that I was forced to watch "Jaws" out in the middle of the ocean on a raft with my feet dangling over the edge. Crazy! My nausea and food aversions have subsided a bit this week, but I am still really tired and my breasts are still tender. 

Lifestyle Changes: Isaac and I finally went on a 30 minute walk on 7wk4days. It felt so nice to get my legs moving again and my blood circulating, but it really wore me out. It will be nice to gradually resume my exercise routine once I start feeling better. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Going to the doctor in less than a week! I'm normally not a fan of the doctor especially when they have to do blood work and the dreaded pelvic exam, but I suppose I will have to get used to the poking and prodding! 

Milestones: Eating a bit of meat. I can handle ground beef or a bit of deli meat (heated to the extremes, don't worry) but the thought of a steak or roast still makes me queasy. I also had my first emotional breakdown (blame it on the hormones). I was feeling a bit down because I hadn't been out to exercise in a few weeks, my diet had not been well-rounded, and I just felt like a piece of pound cake. The best quote from the breakdown was "I just put numbers into boxesssss," while expressing to Isaac one of the other reasons I felt a bit pathetic that day. Thankfully, that has been the only emotional breakdown thus far. 

Thoughts from Mom: Once again, Isaac won the "Husband of the Week" award. He would do anything for me to make my pregnancy easier or more enjoyable. Since I've been feeling better this week, I've been able to cook dinner a few times a week, and keep up with the house work, which makes me feel productive, and hopefully takes a load off Isaac's shoulders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment