Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 27


Tummy Diameter at Bellybutton & Weight: 38" & 145lbs. I think I'll end up passing that 35lb weight gain recommendation! Baby is the size of an eggplant, 2.5lbs, and 15 inches. He can now open his eyes (which now have eyelashes, how precious!) and he's been having hiccups, which mommy can feel.

Nicknames: Baby C, Mr. Squirmy

Food Cravings: Still enjoying chicken and cheese, but I wouldn't say that i crave anything. I have yet to send Isaac on a midnight run to get me a certain food. I think this is mostly because he is a medical student and I feel a bit guilty when I indulge. I wish he didn't know so much!

I have my glucose test tomorrow, and I'll be treating myself with a big cookie (or slush) if I pass!

Pregnancy Symptoms: I'm starting to REALLY feel pregnant. My back is my biggest problem, followed by heartburn, shortness or breath and trouble sleeping. I think my back problems stem from working at my desk all day, and the pain in my mid-back seems to wrap around to the front of my belly, which causes extra stress. It feels like I have a permanent brick on top of my uterus. Isaac and I went to Target the other night for "Operation Alleviate Back Pain" and got a medicine ball to replace my office chair, a back roller, and a massager. 

To help combat symptoms, I've been taking Benson to the park over the lunch hour for short walks. We both enjoy getting out of the house for a while and getting a bit of exercise. I am also doing prenatal yoga to try and limber up a bit before delivery. 

Baby Boy is also moving and shaking like never before. I can feel his little butt or head pushing out on my belly numerous times a day, and his little jabs keep getting stronger.

Looking Forward To: Going to Kansas City next week. My parents will be there as well for meetings, Ferrell is hosting a baby shower for Isaac and me, and we have many other fun activities planned! 

I'm also looking forward to getting Baby Boy's nursery set up. We got it painted a few weeks ago, the color is a grey/beige, or greige, if you will. Specifically, Valspar's "Smoked Oyster."We're going with a nautical theme, with lots of navy, white & grey accents.  I already have my eye on a items on Etsy that I love but I'm waiting to buy things until our baby shower. 




Milestones: Isaac having to shave my legs! I can no longer see my feet, let alone, shave. What a sweetie. 

We're almost into the third trimester! These past weeks have flown by. This past weekend, my mom and sister came and stayed with us while my dad and Noah were in Colorado hiking. We had a great time shopping, watching movies, getting pedicures, and relaxing. They always spoil me by cleaning the house, cooking for us and buying me things I would just never buy myself, like fancy soaps and clothes. It's always a treat when they come up. My mom is going to stay with us a while after Baby is born, just like Grandma did with me. Hopefully I'll get to do that for my daughter some day. It will be nice to have someone take care of me, while I take care of the baby. 

Here are some photos from the past few weeks since I've been so bad about keeping up!

 Painting the Nursery


 The boys hiking at the ranch - Practice for their long Colorado haul!
 Swimming & BBQ at Uncle Warren & Angie's.






 A few of my favorite outfits for Baby Boy

Benson playing with Pak, Noah's new lab.  
Devin & Claire at his graduation party







No comments:

Post a Comment