Monday, September 23, 2013

Lindsborg Baby Shower

This past week has been great. My wonderful aunts hosted a baby shower, Isaac celebrated his 26th birthday, and we found out at our appointment that things are starting to progress, labor speaking!

My shower was at Bethany Home in Lindsborg. It was so nice seeing family that I hadn't seen in a while. We played fun games, had refreshments and opened gifts. I forgot my camera, but hopefully I will be able to add pictures soon.

Tuesday was Isaac's birthday. I woke up early with him to send him off to work, and then got busy making him a "chocolate overload" cake & preparing dinner. He's the type that likes chocolate cake with chocolate frosting - a real chocoholic! That night we relaxed on our back patio with some refreshments while he BBQd brats. Since he demands a birthday "week," (soo high maintenance :) )  we went out to River City last night so he could have a few beers and pizza.



I had been really nervous about my 36 appointment, but it went very smoothly on Thursday. I was nervous because I had to have my first official dilation check, a GBS & other tests, Tdap shot, and blood work. Isaac was there to hold my hand through everything and my doctor is very gentle, so I got worked up for nothing! We found out that I am 50% effaced and 1/2 cm dilated, and the baby's head is down. Doc said things are processing naturally and I should have a fairly unremarkable labor (knock on wood!)

We have been trying to make the most out of the last few weekends we will have together without baby. We've been to a movie, went to dinner a few times, and this past weekend, we had a picnic at the park. We headed downtown after a morning of sleeping in, picked up Popeye's, and found a pretty spot near the river to eat. It was a beautiful day, about 75 degrees. After lunch, we walked around for a bit and Isaac played a few holes of disc golf. 

 

 Benson making sure to lick any leftover chicken skin off his lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment