Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ships Ahoy, It's A Boy!!

My little sister and cousin hosted a beautiful baby shower in Russell over Labor Day weekend. It was my dream baby shower, everything was so thoughtfully planned out.




 Kyla started by welcoming everyone, and then Alaina passed out ice cubes with little babies frozen inside. The object of the game was whoever melted their ice first and yelled "My water broke!" got a prize. One of her friends, Sam Ptacek, won. I think she put the ice cube in her mouth!




 After games, I read my "messages in a bottle" that the guests had written to me when they arrived. I got a lot of good advice, including: sleep when baby sleeps, keep plenty of wine on hand, and enjoy every moment, it goes too fast. Much to my surprise, no tears were shed! We opened gifts after that.













I got a lot of nice things, necessities, things off my registries, and some personal gifts that are always appreciated. Grandma Bonnie gave me a quilt with sailboats on it, which is very beautiful. After the shower, I think we have almost everything we need, which is a relief!

Alaina also set up a "Onesie Paint Station" where guests could decorate a onesie for Baby Chambers. The guests got quite creative!


Morgan brought the shower cake all the way from Denver. She works at one of best bakeries in the Denver metro, and she is so talented. The cake was simply gorgeous and delicious, filled with raspberry buttercream. Yum!!




Thank you to everyone who made my shower such special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment