I remember the day Isaac, Devin, and I picked up Benson from Chillicothe, MO in 2010.
On the way home from Chillicothe.
We met the breeder in McDonald's parking lot, and upon arrival, someone else had MY Benson in their arms. I told the man, "That's my dog, "Male #1," and he began to argue that he had also reserved "Male #1." Uh-Oh.
Isaac saw the crazy in my eyes, and knew it was about to get ugly, so he asked the man, "Our appointment was at 10 a.m., what time was yours?" The man said "10:15." Since our appointment was scheduled before his, we got to keep Male #1, Mr. Benson Oliver. I sometimes imagine what his life would have been like with the other family. I imagine he's glad he got to come home with me. :)
Today, Benson is as loving as the day we first met. He enjoys going to the farm, playing with his friend Nikola, going on walks, wearing festive scarves, going to the park, and getting scratched behind the ears. His favorite time of day is when he hears the garage door opening - that means Daddy's home. That's my favorite part of the day too.
He dislikes strange cars/people in the general vicinity of our home, veggies/fruit, and Luke (he pulls fur).
Happy National Dog Day, Benson. You're the best!





No comments:
Post a Comment