We figured the altitude change would be difficult for Luke, so we stayed in Denver for one night before heading into the mountains. We made the 5 hour drive from Russell (where we had been for a few days, watching Noah & Alaina while Mom & Dad were in NYC) and arrived in Denver around 4pm.
Can't beat the original "Google-Maps!"
Luke is a wonderful traveler. Never cries, stays on nap schedule. Whoever is not driving sits in the back next to him, so we can read, play, etc.
We arrived at our hotel in Denver, and immediately checked out. It smelled like a dirty locker room, and was not quite up to par. I usually have better judgement, and was a bit embarrassed that I booked the room, but it looked better online, I swear!!
Thank goodness I have family in Denver that took us in :)
We spent a couple hours at the Denver aquarium, before heading to Linger for happy-hour on the rooftop patio (gorgeous views!) and then to Little Man Ice Cream for dessert. We shared a variety of small plates at Linger, and then had some salted-Oreo ice cream for dessert. Yummo!
Luke had a blast at the aquarium. I loved watching him take in all the sights and sounds.
Otters, Mommy's favorite!!
The enormous shark tank and sting-ray display are the best parts of the Denver Aquarium. Below are pictures of us feeding the sting-rays.
If you listen carefully to the below video, you can hear Luke squeal as the ray touches him. So cute!
The following morning, we headed west into the mountains for Breckenridge. More about that, coming soon!











No comments:
Post a Comment