Mr. Henry Joseph was born on July 29th. He weighed 7lb, 9oz and was 19.5".
I was more than ready for Baby C #2 to arrive. I had Luke at 39 weeks, so when that date passed with Henry, I got pretty anxious! My mom came down on the Monday before Henry was born, to keep me busy, and help with Luke. It was great to have someone to hang out with, and not focus on going into labor.
On Tuesday, the 28th, we took Luke to library, and then went to Costco for a little shopping. I told mom I was feeling "different", I think baby dropped quite a bit when we were shopping. That night Isaac and I went to dinner and out for ice cream. After we got home, I noticed my contractions becoming more regular, about 5 minutes apart.
I woke up at 4am that morning with stronger contractions, still about 5 minutes apart. I sat in bed for about 2 hours, continuing to time the contractions, and then decided to get up and shower. Once I stood up, the contractions immediately intensified and were exactly 2 minutes apart.
I was surprised how fast things progressed, I expected not to go into the hospital until that evening, at least!
We headed to the hospital around 7am. Strong contractions continued and I was admitted to labor and delivery at 3cm. I was given an epidural, and things were just peachy after that! I love modern-day pharmaceuticals! The most painful part of labor (besides the pre-epidural contractions) was the dang IV and epidural. Two weeks later, I still have this nasty bruise!
Mom and Luke came to see us at about 9am, but I didn't really want people sitting, waiting, in the visitor lounge...it makes me anxious for some reason, plus I wanted Luke to be comfortable at home. So Mimi and Luke went home and colored some pictures for new baby. :)
Around 9am, Dr. Christman rounded, and broke my water. I then quickly progressed to 6cm, and then 9cm within an hour or so. By 1pm, I was fully dilated, but Dr. was next door delivering another baby. At 2:10, we started pushing, and Henry was born at 2:25. It was easy-peasy, and just like Luke's birth, I didn't have to get stitches, so recovery has been a breeze!
Thank goodness this labor was much less stressful than Luke's, who gave us quite a scare! Henry did have the cord around his neck, and was "sunny side up," but Dr. was able to turn him. I also had an episode of my blood pressure dropping to 80/50, which made me feel quite terrible and almost pass out, but I quickly recovered. I pushed my epidural button a few too many times I think..oops!
Around 4pm, family came to meet "Baby Boy." Henry was nameless for the first 12 hours of life. We just couldn't decide what to name him! We had it narrowed down a couple names: Henry, Brooks, Ben, or Will. We really liked Ben, but since we already have a Benson, we thought that may be confusing. I've always loved Brooks, but Brooks Chambers seemed too much of a mouthful.
We stayed one night at the hospital, and were ready to come home and start life with two kiddos! Mimi stayed until Saturday, and then headed to Breckenridge for a much deserved vacation. Isaac worked the following Monday, but had the rest of the week off. We had visitors throughout the week who helped with Luke and around the house.
Henry is two weeks old today, and I have been "going solo" for the past two days. It has been an adjustment, especially for big brother, but I am loving being Mommy to two!
Luke (left) and Henry (right), both at 6 days old.
I love these photos of Isaac. Getting a good look at his boys (Luke, top - Henry, bottom) for the first time. He's the best daddy and husband!








No comments:
Post a Comment