The last three years or so, my fashion game has been somewhat non-existent. I've been in and out of maternity clothes, twice, picking up odds and ends at garage sales because I don't want to spend money on myself during residency (It's much more fun picking out cute baby clothes anyway!), and rocking some of my high-school and college duds.
My parents gave me a Stitch Fix gift card for Christmas, and by the next day, I had filled out the extensive online style profile, and had my first delivery scheduled! I was pumped!
If you aren't familiar with the service, allow me to enlighten you for a moment. I filled out a very detailed style profile on the SF website (price points, colors/prints to avoid, etc, etc) and then scheduled my first delivery. It's not a monthly subscription, instead, I choose if and when I want a delivery. Right now, I have them scheduled every 2-3 weeks, but I can update my settings or cancel the service any time. I was assigned a personal stylist, Paige, who chooses five items for each delivery. The lines of communication with the stylist are very open. I have her linked to my Pinterest style board, and I can tell her when I have special events coming up, or if I'm looking for a certain item, and she will plan my delivery accordingly.
Each delivery costs $20, but is credited if you choose to buy any of the five items.
My first delivery came today, and I can't wait to tell you about it! Here we go!
(My stylist will be reading this review, so the descriptions and my opinion may get a bit wordy, sorry! Just wanting her to be aware of everything so my next delivery will be even more perfect!)
Below are the five items in my delivery. I had requested black skinnies, and was happy to see them!
Honestly, when I saw all the items, I wasn't super excited. I thought all the pieces looked a little boring, and I was scared of the jacket because I normally don't wear things like that. I was sure I wouldn't like the cowl neck too. Oh, I was wrong! That's the last time I'll judge a piece of clothing on the hanger!
#1 - Kut From The Kloth - Danny Knit Pant - $68 - (see above right) - Purchased
These are the black skinnies I requested. I LOVE them! They feel like a legging/jean combo, and are so comfortable. It was a no-brainer to keep them. They are slightly loose in the zipper area, but fit well everywhere else. I'm a little nervous to buy pants postpartum ( I'm guessing I'll still lose about 10lbs) so I guess I'll have to keep eating Brownie Brittle and biscuits and gravy so they'll continue to fit. Sorry, not sorry.
#2 - Fun2Fun Walden V-Neck Blouse - $44 - Returned
LOVE the color. Paige, if you are reading this, more green!! I also like that the price is < $50. It seemed a bit short though, and I wasn't a big fan on the fabric. It seemed a bit flowy too, which I'm not used to. I also am trying to build a more casual style, and I only want to buy "date-night" pieces if I love them.
#3 - Leo & Nicole Hacian Split Hem Detail Pullover Sweater - $58 - Purchased
I really like this sweater. I like the length, the color and the cute split detail on the bottom. The only thing I'm unsure of is the price, but I have a feeling I'd wear this a lot on the fall and winter, so I'll probably be purchasing it. Since this is my first fix, It's hard for me to decide because I know there are a lot of cute clothes coming in the future!
#4 - Le Lis Rokeby Open Jacket - $74 - Returned
This jacket grew on me the longer I wore it, but I decided to return because it seemed too small, and wasn't versatile enough, in my opinion, to add to my wardrobe. I also feel like I'm more on the petite side, and jackets/blazers make me look boxy.
#5 - Loveappella Crawford French Terry Cowl Neck Knit Top - $58 - Undecided
I've alway been a fan of olive green, and I really like the cowl neck and the high/low bottom. It would be a super-cute casual top for running errands, etc. I feel like maybe there is something a little bit more my style out in SF land. I think I could find something I like a bit more for $58.
Each delivery comes with a note from my stylist and cards with outfit ideas for each item. Love it!
I get three days to decide, and then check-out on on the SF website. If I purchase all five items, a 25% discount is applied. Any items I don't keep, I send back in a pre-paid mailer. How easy is that??!
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/6504982
I'm so looking forward to my next fix and can't wait to blog about it!










No comments:
Post a Comment