Thursday, August 16, 2012

Extreme Couponing, Wichita Edition

As many of you know, I enjoy couponing. Not only does it provide me with hours of endless coupon clipping fun, but it also saves our one-income family of 3 (yes, I mean Benson) quite a bit of money.

We recently started a mint.com account, so we can set monthly budgets and see where our money is going. Isaac and I both LOVE the site, since we are pretty financial savvy people. We budget around $200 a month for groceries, and thanks to my trip today, I think it's quite possible for us to be way under budget!

I must admit, Dillon's and I didn't have a very good relationship when we first met. She turned me off with her loud music, miniscule selection (in comparison to KC) and higher prices than I was accustomed. After a few grocery trips, our relationship began to blossom. I soon realized that Dillon's would DOUBLE MY COUPONS, and it would be possible for me to save MILLIONS!! See ya later, Price Chopper!

Ok, I may not save millions, but I did save nearly 80% today. Wahoo!!

Since the weekly flyer came out on Wednesday, I have been busy preparing for my grocery trip of a lifetime. Yesterday evening, I spent nearly 3 hours perfecting my list, and creating "situations" in my head should anything go array. Luckily, I only ran into one problem today (they were out of potatoes!), but the problem was averted. Sigh.





Here's a picture of my loot from trip #1...yes, there may be more to come.  For everything in the picture below I spent only $24.00!




Everything together retails over $100. Isaac and I both love Fiber One bars, and I got those for $1 a box, and the cereal was .99 a box!


 My personal favorite was scoring these Pup-Peroni dog treats for only $.22 a bag!! 22 cents people! Bennie is one happy dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment