Hi. My name is Jaycee, and I have gone two weeks without a Diet Coke.
Cue: "Welcome, Jaycee!"
And guess what? It wasn't so bad!
The past few months I have been having some "tummy troubles."
My stomach was in knots almost the entire day, and my bowels were just going crazy.
First, I went to my family doc who suggest that he should to a colonoscopy and EGD. I wasn't too excited with that idea, so Isaac suggested I see a GI doc instead.
A few weeks later, I had a horrible pain in my lower right side. We immediately thought it was my appendix, but after a CT and horrible rectal contrast exam (I'll spare you the details, it was quite gruesome) it turns out I had fluid in my abdomen from a ruptured ovarian cyst.
I'm not sure if it was the ovarian cyst finally rupturing, or the lactose free diet I was experimenting with, or cutting out the cola, but something worked. I have gradually started eating lactose products again, but have cut out the Diet Coke entirely.
Isaac and I were discussing this last night, and we decided that pop should be viewed as it was in my childhood ; only for special occasions, and no more than once a week. Go us! I have been filling the coke void with ice water and a large lemon wedge. Yum!
In other news, I had 5 cups of coffee today, and I'm feeling good!!

No comments:
Post a Comment