How Big is Baby C: 3" Long, nearly the size of a peach. Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are under construction.
How Big is Mom: Getting bigger! 124lbs at my 13wk apt. Really hoping I don't swell up to 175lb like I did with Luke! I think I got so swollen last pregnancy because I sat on my butt ALL day working, and didn't move around much. I know I'll be more active this pregnancy, chasing Mr. Luke around.
Food Cravings: Ice water, grapefruit. Anything refreshing. I did have a hankering for McDonalds biscuits and gravy the other morning.....had to swing through the drive-thru on our way home from the library!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Still slightly fatigued. I try to lay down when Luke naps. Not nearly as many growing pains as I had with Luke, my body is getting used to pregnancy.
Looking Forward To: Isaac having this weekend off. He's been working ABSURD hours on the Med1 service. He works Med1 pretty much for the rest of the year (until July) so I guess I'll just have to keep finding ways to keep ourselves busy! This weekend, the weather is going to be gorgeous, so maybe we'll go to the zoo.
Also looking forward to Mimi coming to Wichita for a few days, and then going home for two weeks while Isaac works night float in February.
Dr.'s Notes: We heard baby's heartbeat at our 13 wk apt. Dr. said it was strong, and the baby was moving a lot, which is a great sign. He also mentioned that I have a nice "pooch" forming (hahahah, thanks!!) and how it's normal to show earlier with your second baby. We'll have our sonogram around 20 weeks, can't wait to find out the gender!
This wouldn't be a post without pictures of my little peanut butter! Here are a few pictures from the last couple weeks.
He loves his carbs, just like momma:
Reading his favorite "Backyard Poultry" magazine:
Our friend sent Isaac and me this picture while we were on a date. Isaac teared up, he couldn't believe how BIG Luke looked in this photo. When did my baby turn into a toddler??
Decisions.....
Enjoying the beautiful weather with our neighbor friends.
Oatmeal for breakfast:
"Overall," I'd say he's the cutest 15 month baby around!









No comments:
Post a Comment