Sunday, July 17, 2011

Benson's in Heaven



Don't worry, he didn't die or anything. Yesterday, we took Benson to the dog park in Olathe, and I'm pretty sure if Benson was in Heaven, this would be it. 


Benson was pretty excited when he loaded up in the car, but he had no idea how excited he would be!  Isaac and I were a little nervous about taking him to the park. We were worried that he may be a little over excited and want to play too rough with the others, but we were completely wrong! He was such a good boy, and most of the dogs had as much energy as he does!


 I think we had just as much fun as Benson did. All of the "parents" sit on the grass while the "kids" run around and chase each other. Everyone plays & pets each others dogs, and people bring water for all of the "kids" to share - everyone is really nice. 



 The park is really big, and all fenced in. It is 7 acres, and about 1/3 of it is a walking trail. 


 We brought a tennis ball for Benson, but he didn't really want to play ball when he could make friends!



 I think he drank a good portion of the community water.

 Playing with Buddy the Welsh Corgi. 


 And the Wheaten Terrier. This little guy was as solid as a tank. 




 Another cockapoo, Teddy. He was so cute, but a little timid. He reminded me a lot of Clem. 



 Fangs!! Calm down guys, you're getting a little rowdy!

 Benson's new (girl)friend, Ruby


This was probably my favorite evening in KC thus far. We had so much fun, I got to play with tons of dogs, and Benson got to run around without a leash :)


Isaac and I had another reason(s) to smile this weekend:


Look-Alike Alert!

Our little buddies and their parents came to stay with us this weekend! We had such a fun time and really enjoyed opening our home to them. 


 I really enjoyed the special time with the boys. They stayed with us most of the day on Saturday, and then on Sunday until early afternoon. Casen took a few naps on my chest, which I especially enjoyed. 


 Even with all the drool..and sweaty hair & cheeks....I loved this part of their visit 



On Sunday morning, Christian and I made breakfast together - sausage gravy & biscuits. He was such a good little helper! 





 The boys warmed up to Benson a little bit this trip, especially Christian. I think they actually became friends! Casen is still a little unsure of Benson. 





 "Mom, who's in my kennel?"
 On Sunday, we all went to Rice Garden for lunch. 
 Christian really enjoyed the crab rangoon!
 He looks like a little asian boy!

After lunch, we all drove to Town Center for a little shopping. We were sad to see them all go, and wish we had a few more days to play, but they had a full day planned at the Great Wolf Lodge. Come and see us again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment