Sunday, July 10, 2011

An Evening at the Ballpark


 I made some of the best cookies I have ever had yesterday. I thought they were butter-less cookies, but they did have a LITTLE butter in them, so thats probably why they turned out so delicious. 


These cookies are unlike any cookie I have ever had. They have a cake-like, almost banana bread texture, and make a perfect quick breakfast (especially if you add a few pecans & cut down the chocolate chips!). 
They are also really light, and I don't feel so bad about eating the entire batch in less than one day! (To be fair, it does make a small batch AND we shared a few with our neighbors :) ) 

Here's the recipe: (Alaina, try it out for the family, they are really easy to make!)

1/3 c. soft butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. mashed banana
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. baking soda
1 c. semisweet chips

Cream butter and sugar til fluffy. Beat in egg, banana & vanilla. Combine flour, powder, salt, & soda and then slowly add to butter mixture. Mix Well. Add Chips. Bake at 350  9-11 minutes. 


Big, Fat, Yummy Cookies!

Isaac and I went to Legends last night to enjoy a little shopping, eating & T-Bones baseball. Benson overheard that we were going to a baseball game, so he got all dressed to go.

"I have my baseball scarf on, I'm ready to go, Mom!"

When we told him he couldn't go, he went to the bedroom and pouted.....


 "This isn't fair!"

Don't give me those puppy-dog eyes!!!


We walked around Legends for a while and enjoyed the live, outdoor music. I found a few tops for work at Ann Taylor, one of my favorite stores. They were having a great sale, and I got the shirts for only $9 each. 

After shopping, we got a burger and fries at Five Guys. They make such delicious burgers! Isaac got his with all of the fixings, and I got a mini burger with pickles & grilled onions.


 We ordered a  huge cup of fries too. They also added a few scoops of fries to the bag!


 The T-Bones game was fun and it was a beautiful night! We brought a few blankets and pillows and found a spot of grass in the outfield to watch the game. We had a great time, and after the game enjoyed the fireworks show.







No comments:

Post a Comment