Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fun-Due.

This weekend, my family came to KC for a mini vacation. They came up Thursday evening, and that night we all went to the Melting Pot on the Plaza. We had such a great time, and I haven't been that stuffed, or laughed so hard in a long time!


 Such a hard decision!
 Our meal began with two types of cheese fondue and a variety of dippers - breads, apples, and veggies. 
 Cheddar Fondue was made with (to quote the menu) aged, medium-sharp cheddar with Emmenthaler Swiss cheeses, lager beer, garlic & seasoning. Delish! The Swiss Fondue was a lot stronger, but very good, also. It was made with Gruyere and Emmenthaler Swiss Cheeses, white wine, garlic, nutmeg, lemon and Kirschwasse. 
 The coolest part (besides eating, of course) was that our waiter prepared the fondue right at our table. He brought out all of the cheeses, and other ingredients and melted it right in front of us before we chowed down. 


Our second course was salad. I skipped this course, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it. I don't eat healthy food...especially when I can lick the cheese bowl while everyone else eats rabbit food....

 And make cool walrus faces with my fondue forks....
I think it was the third course that put everyone on the edge of food coma. We shared platters full of filet mignon, lobster, shrimp, chimichurri steak, ravioli, pork & veggies. We then cooked all of the food ourselves in our fondue pots. It was so much fun, and so delicious. 

 Someone has her eye on that lobster tail!!
 Cooking our first batch of meat. 


 Noah and Alaina got cool neon straws in their shirley temples. 

To top off the meal, all shared pots of milk chocolate & ying-yang chocolate fondue. It was a great ending to a perfect meal. 

 For dippers, we got endless cheesecake, fudge brownies, pound cake, oreo covered marshmallows, graham cracker covered marshmallows, strawberries & bananas. We. could. not. stop. eating.
To let our food settle before we started our "2nd" course of dessert, we took some pretty sweet pictures. I'm pretty sure we all could be on the cover of the most popular magazines with these beautiful photos:








 "I think you have something in your teeth.."


This was such a perfect night. Dinner lasted about 3 hours and we spent the whole time laughing, chatting and filling our bellies - nothing beats that! 

On Saturday, Isaac and I went to Rob & Megan's wedding. We headed over to Clint's in the morning for mimosas and muffins. I made poppyseed muffins, and Hannah brought champagne & OJ. We had a fun time, and then headed to Blue Springs for the wedding.

When I arrived with my muffins, Clint didn't want to be out-done, so he also brought out some food. 

 Milk that expired in February, extra moldy bread, and a sack of clementines that were as hard as rocks - they had obviously dried up. Thanks for the hospitality, Clint!
 The Black & White Girls
 Me & My Honey
 'To Rob & Megan!!"

The wedding was lovely, and we had a really fun time at the reception. Everyone danced a lot, ate a lot, and drank a lot, especially all of the boys. They all act like a bunch of kids when they get together and since this was their first time that they had all hung out since May, their reunion was one for the books, to say the least. 



Isaac had a smilie face in his beer!

On Sunday, Isaac and I met my family at Houlihans for lunch and then we headed to Craig & Penny's for a little swimming. But first, we had to stop at the bakery AND the barkery to get treats. 

These were the best cupcakes, ever! We got a lot of different flavors: cookies & cream, birthday cake, lemon cream, banana cream, red velvet, hot fudge sundae, caramel, peanut butter, vanilla & chocolate. 
They are so heavy! Each one weighed 5 1/4 oz!

At the BARKery across the street from the BAKEry, we got Bennie & Mocha some dog ice cream made of sweet potatoes & molasses. Benson really liked it!


We had a lot of fun swimming, racing & diving for coins. Someone made up a coin game where Erin threw $1.01 in coins into the pool, and whoever came up with the most coins won. We had a coin diving tournament and Isaac won!




 Someone missed Bennie while he stayed with Grandma & Grandpa!

 I had to borrow a suit for the coin tournament and races so I could perform at my highest level. 
 Laila 
 Quinn

 Dad grilled chicken on Craig's Big Green Egg, which was tasted so good and was so moist. Mom made roasted potatoes an we also had green beans. We finished out meal with the SmallCakes cupcakes. We cut them in quarters so everyone could try each flavor!
It was so great to see my family. I have missed them so much since Isaac and I moved to KC, and I hope they come up and visit again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment