I got off work early on Friday, we headed to Lindsborg and arrived in the evening. That night, we invited Jake, Isaac M, TJ and Lacey out to the cabin. We had such a great time chatting, eating, drinking and hot tubbing!
Hi, Mocha! We missed you!
On Sunday, we celebrated the 4th of July with the Chambers clan out at the pond. I am so thankful that I married into such a loving family.
Benson learned how to swim. He whined sooo much, but I think he secretly enjoyed it!
I love my dad!
I'm not really into fireworks, so I spent most of the evening with the little kiddos. I really loved lighting smoke bombs, parachutes, & poppers with Reese, Cru, Casen & Christian. I love my little buddies, and can't wait until Isaac and I have kiddos of our own!
The next day, we BBQ's with Jeff, Susie, Nic & Connor before we headed out of town. Jeff BBQ's some chicken, hot dogs, burgers & sausage. Yummy!
Needless to say, Bennie got pretty dirty last weekend. His fur smelled like a mixture of mud, pond water, and smoke. He smelled NASTY. So, we gave him a bath, and while we are doing so, decided to also cut his hair. A scissor cut, at that!
Oh My....
Good Boy, Benson!
I had a great time this week at work. On Friday, we had "food day" where everyone brings in something to snack on all day. My cream cheese dip went over really well, it was demolished! I made the dip with cream cheese, pineapple, dried beef, peppers & onions. Yum! We also celebrated June birthdays by singing "happy birthday" and eating ice cream & cake. I work for such a great company! People get their work done & work hard, but also know how to have fun!
I have also cooked quite a bit this week. Yesterday I made homemade guacamole, and today I am going to make banana chocolate chip cookies. Supposedly, they are "healthy" because the banana is a substitue for the butter...I am a little skeptical of a cookie without butter....we'll see, & I'll let you know how they turn out!
Here are a few of my favorite dishes of the week:
Whole wheat pasta with sausage, broccoli, olive oil, garlic, & fresh parmesan.
Company's Coming Casserole. One of the best things I have ever eaten! Egg noodles mixed with sour cream, cream cheese & scallions & then topped with a hamburger mixture of crushed tomatoes, garlic, & some other seasonings. This is definitely a must-try!
This morning, Isaac and I woke up around 10:00 (it's so nice to sleep in on the weekend!) We then jogged up to Franklin park with Benson. But first, we had to stretch.
Make sure to get those legs loosened up!
Stretch out that neck!

















No comments:
Post a Comment