How Far Along : 9 weeks
How Big is Baby C: The size of a raspberry
How Big is Baby C: The size of a raspberry
Tummy Diameter at Bellybutton & Weight: 29" & 122lbs
Nicknames: Baby C, Sweet Pea
Food Cravings: Grapes, Carbs
Pregnancy Symptoms: I thought actual sickness in the morning was going to pass me by, but the last few mornings have been a doosey. Other than that, all of my symptoms come and go. One minute I am full of energy cleaning the house and before I know it, I am lying on the couch nearly comatose. It's not too much fun, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Lifestyle Changes: Trying to adjust to my new body. I have never weighed this much in my entire life, and I feel like a walrus. I'm nervous to go and work in Kansas City in two weeks because I'm not so sure what I'm going to wear to hide my burgeoning belly.
Milestones: Our first prenatal visit was on 3-14. We go to Dr. Christman at Wichita Ob/Gyn Associates just across the street from Wesley Hospital. The clinic seems very Christian based, and so does our doctor. Dr. Christman is an older gentleman, and very gentle and soft-spoken. We both really liked him, and are pleased with our pick. He also enjoyed talking medicine with Isaac.
Our appointment started out normal with questions, weight, blood pressure, etc. The doctor then came in and did a full pelvic exam and then an ultrasound, and finally blood work. They really took their time with us, and the appointment took about 1.5 hours. The ultrasound was life changing, and we fell in love at first sight. We could actually see our baby moving around in my belly, and saw her fingers, toes, cord and other little body parts. I couldn't stop smiling during the entire ultrasound, and Isaac teared up a bit. It was so sweet and melted my heart. Dr. Christman took lots of screen shots so we now have pictures all over our apartment. We also found out that we are further along than we thought. So when we thought we were 8wk3days, we were actually 9wk1day. Obviously, I ovulated before we had guessed, and I had a feeling that was the case since I have short cycles. (Sorry, TMI!)
Our appointment started out normal with questions, weight, blood pressure, etc. The doctor then came in and did a full pelvic exam and then an ultrasound, and finally blood work. They really took their time with us, and the appointment took about 1.5 hours. The ultrasound was life changing, and we fell in love at first sight. We could actually see our baby moving around in my belly, and saw her fingers, toes, cord and other little body parts. I couldn't stop smiling during the entire ultrasound, and Isaac teared up a bit. It was so sweet and melted my heart. Dr. Christman took lots of screen shots so we now have pictures all over our apartment. We also found out that we are further along than we thought. So when we thought we were 8wk3days, we were actually 9wk1day. Obviously, I ovulated before we had guessed, and I had a feeling that was the case since I have short cycles. (Sorry, TMI!)
Thoughts from Mom: On Sunday, I had a first-class ticket on the "Emotional Rollercoaster." I got sick on Saturday night, and woke up feeling pretty green around the gills Sunday morning. On top of that, we found out my brothers dog, Berkley, had gone missing. In church, our Priest started crying because he had just lost his mother two days prior, and the cherry on the emotional sundae was singing "I Love You and You Are Mine," which usually makes me a little teary-eyed to begin with. Thank goodness some of the other ladies in church were crying as well, so I wasn't the only one!
No comments:
Post a Comment