This weekend, I think Isaac finally realized who he married - someone who is going to make him fat(ish). I have cooked up a storm since we got married, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon! Poor guy's arteries don't know what to do with all of the butter that has gone through them the past few weeks!
On Friday evening, I fried up some pork cutlets that were pretty delish. I marinated them most of the day in a homemade honey mustard marinade and then covered them in panko, flour and thyme & then pan fried those babies. We also had baked potatoes and green beans on the side.
We also enjoyed a little Dove chocolate for dessert.
On Saturday morning, I woke up early to start on breakfast, just incase we didn't eat enough on Friday. I made one of my most favorite breakfast dishes - Oven maple-bacon pancake. It is a delicious calorie-laden wonder.
"I want to stop eating.. but...I ......cannn'tt!!!
Saturday afternoon Erin and I had a great shopping trip at town center. My best find was at Express where I bought 2 pairs of dress pants and 1 dress shirt for $70. Usually, a pair of dress pants themselves are $70! I was pretty proud of myself. I also found a cute dress at Ann Taylor and a few outfits at The Limited. I had to keep myself from walking into White House Black Market because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to keep myself from overspending; so I didn't even tempt myself!
Later that afternoon, Isaac joined Erin and I at Craig and Penny's and we enjoyed the beautiful day lounging at the pool.
Aunt Penny and Uncle Craig served us a delicious dinner and then we visited for the remainder of the evening in addition to the "Saltine Challenge."
The Challenge: Eat 6 saltines in 1 minute. Erin and I ate 2, Isaac ate 4. It is physically impossible to eat 6 in a minute. Try it. I dare you. While you're at it, try the Cinnamon Challenge, the butter challenge (eat a lb. of butter) or the flour challenge (eat a T. of flour) :)
Since Isaac and I have been in a food coma this past week, we have taken up walking every evening. This evening after our walk, I made brownies. My excuse was that it is father's day, and Isaac surely needs some chocolate.
On our walks, we have been walking up to Franklin Park with Benson. The walk is about 2 miles and we are really enjoying the exercise!
Isaac getting Benson some water from the park fountain.
Tomorrow I begin my job at Ferrellgas. I am a bit nervous, but Isaac is keeping me calm with his words of wisdom! I better quit posting so I can start ironing all of our work clothes for the week!








No comments:
Post a Comment