Welcome
Welcome to my blog! I feel like my life has changed completely over these past few weeks (in a wonderful way, of course!) This blog is meant for Isaac and I to look back on our first year of marriage when we are older, and a way for our family and friends to keep in touch with us while we live far away.
This past month has been filled with graduations, moves, job interviews, our wedding & honeymoon, and me trying to get adjusted to being a wife.
I am so excited for this stage of my life. I have wanted, more than anything, to be a wife since I was a little girl. Just picturing my husband coming home to a clean house with dinner on the table and me in an apron tickles my fancy. I guess you could call me an old-fashioned, June Cleaver wannabe.
The day after we got home from our honeymoon in Jamaica, Isaac had to start med-school again, so I have been busy at home the past few days unpacking, cooking, organizing, and mostly nesting. I spent a good 2 hours in our local Price Chopper yesterday afternoon shopping and getting acquainted with our new grocery store. Our first "Jaycee-made" meal of our marriage was a casserole that I found on Tasty Kitchen.
Here is the recipe I found on Tasty Kitchen, one of my favorite websites.
http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/cheesy-chicken-and-rice-bake/
We also had some half-mangled Georgia peaches (I'm not too good at peeling peaches yet) and romaine salad.
No, Isaac and I usually don't drink Smirnoff Ice with our dinners, but our new neighbors, Elizabeth and Andrew, came over to welcome us & brought us cold drinks. They are really nice, and we are looking forward to getting to know them.
Here is the huge mess after our first dinner. My husband is such a sweety and graciously offered to do the dishes, as he usually does after all meals. I'm pretty lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment