Thursday, June 23, 2011

T.G.I. *Almost* F.

I feel like this week was our first week in the "real world." I can no longer wake up and spend time with Benson all day, or run errands when I please, or meal plan/coupon as much as I would like, or keep up with house cleaning as much as I would like.....but I guess that's all part of the game called life!


My first week at work went really well. I am working at Ferrell North America in the transportation department. Basically, this department is in charge of making sure all of the Ferrell retail locations always have a supply of propane. 


I think my position is going to be filled with numerous tasks and duties, so it's a good thing that I'm well organized and a multi-tasker. In the past week, I have hardly done the same thing twice, which I really enjoy!


This is the building that I work at:

Ferrellgas is located on the 10th floor. 


I ate lunch out in the gardens today, and plan on doing it quite often!

Isaac is also really enjoying his internship. He comes home almost every evening with gross (he thinks really cool) stories about patients that he saw that day. It seems like most of them include earwax or something nasty like that! EWWWWW!!!

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, he gets to leave the office early, so on Tuesday he made dinner for us. What a sweety!

I sat out most of the ingredients and the recipe the night before. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical because he wasn't making a "beginners" meal, but the stew he made was DELICIOUS! 


 He added the perfect amount of garlic, beef broth, veggies, tapioca, parsley & bay leaf and the meat melted like BUTTAAA in my mouth :)

"I'm kind of a big deal around here.."

I think he will be cooking for us every Tuesday and Thursday! 

He did get off cooking duty last night because we went over to Levi & Haley's for a BBQ. We had a really great time, as we usually do! 

On a side note;  look who's ready for the 4th of July with his patriotic scarf!




And.... it may be a little premature, but look who's ready for football season with his Mark Brunell jersey!!!!!!!!





 I could go on and on..."Look who's ready for Easter with his easter bunny ears!!" "Look who's ready for halloween with his jack-o-lantern candy bucket!" This dog has too many outfits! 

Isaac and I are headed to Manhattan tomorrow after work for the country stampede. Mom and dad got us VIP tickets, so we couldn't pass that up! We're definitely looking forward to some great music and spending time with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment