We woke up at 3am on the Monday after our wedding and headed to MCI. We parked at The Parking Spot because I had a handy 20% off parking coupon, and then we headed to Atlanta. We had a short layover in Atlanta and then headed to Montego Bay.
Montego Bay was much poorer than Isaac and I had thought. Little shanty towns lined the streets, and people just walked around trying to sell stuff.
Walking into the resort was an entirely different story. It is all gated, barbed wire and all, because this particular resort is located in a not very pleasant part of town. It was not recommended to leave the resort without a guide, especially at night.
Right when we walked in, we were directed to a living room where we were greeted with a glass of delicious rum punch. The people working at Sandals are so nice, and they played a big part in making our trip wonderful.
The first morning, Isaac and I were treated to breakfast in bed. A very nice waiter brought in our breakfast (on his head!) and placed it on our bed to enjoy. We feasted on omelettes, english muffins, croissants with orange marmalade, corn flakes, and mimosas.
Warning: Morning Faces!!
The next day, we "beached it up," as Isaac would say. Sitting in a beach chair, soaking up the sun and drinking a fruity drink with an umbrella was just what the doctor ordered after the past few months of wedding planning.
Some of our favorite things on the island were all of the activities. We went out on the hobie cats (miniature sail boats) kayaks, snorkeling trips, volley ball and tubing every day. I'm lucky to have such an active husband and not a beach bum. He did sail us into the rocky coast one time on the hobie cats, but I will blame that on the ocean conditions, and not Captain Chamber's sailing ability.
On our second trip out to the reef, our boat has quite the mishap. It broke down on the way into the beach and we had to flag down some people at Sandals and they sent out rescue boats. Many titanic references were made during that time "Women and children in the boats!" "Men, step back!"
Now, the most important part of the honeymoon, the food. :)
Isaac and I shared many, many delicious meals. He even had the 'great' idea of making two dinner reservations a night so we could eat twice. Talk about stuffed!
The dinner restaurants at Sandals include: Cucina Romana (Italian) Toyko Joes (Asian) Oleander Room (Jamaican) Stewfish (Seafood, on the beach) and Bayside (International)
The first night we ate at Cucina Romana and I had a prosciutto wrapped chicken breast, zucchini parmesan and Isaac had calamari and linguini with clams. It was delicious. We also had fresh bread with dipping sauces and cheesecake & tiramisu. Yummo! We also ate there our last night and I had tomato soup, caprese salad, & risotto and he had calamari, seafood soup, lasagna and grilled tuna.








No comments:
Post a Comment